– added a second version of the theme called Maverick W, which is the same as the original except for the wider start menu button. Made this following the request of people using Windows in other language than English where “All Programs” is spelled differently and longer. So this version has a full wide button for all to enjoy it!
Hey Linux Lovers… The waiting is over… I know… finally!!! Here’s the first complete Ubuntu 10.10 Ambiance Theme ported to Windows 7.
I think this visual experience will not only appeal to Linux Lovers but also to MacOS and Windows fans alike.
Just give it a try and let me know if you like it… or if you don’t like it as well… I just want to hear your feedback.
– Fonts in the preview look great because I use gdipp, the little app which changes you font rendering engine to make the fonts look smooth just like, or almost like in Linux or MacOS.
– Some apps may not play nice with this theme… for example the latest build of Firefox 4 beta 10 doesn’t look that good. There’s nothing I can do about it so I’m waiting for another Firefox Update. It was working fine a couple of builds ago.
– Some elements of the original Ubuntu theme could not be implemented accurately due to Windows 7 limitations. For example the window caption buttons can’t be aligned together as close as in Ubuntu.
– There are some other unfixable bugs which are not really bugs, in Windows Explorer (click the More Options buttons on the toolbar and you’ll see what I mean), but there is nothing I can do about them unfortunately. Windows skinning engine sucks and even experienced themers will agree with me on this one.
– If you find any other bugs please report them and I’ll do my best to fix them.
What’s in the package:
Theme: Maverick by dpcdpc11: only Aero version for now!
Resources: Fonts | Start Orb ([link]) | Wallpaper (the default Ubuntu Maverick wall)
Tools: Windows 7 Aero Blur Tweaker | Windows 7 Start Button Changer